Would you like to know each time we add an announcement to the site? Subscribe to our RSS feed by clicking on the orange and white icon below. (Using Chrome? You may want to install the RSS Feed Reader for easier viewing of the feed.)
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Help Tool Now Available
In December 2018, Federal Student Aid introduced the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Help Tool at StudentLoans.gov/pslf. The PSLF Help Tool will
- help borrowers understand more about the PSLF Program and what is needed to participate and possibly have their loans forgiven;
- help borrowers assess whether their employer and loans qualify for PSLF;
- help borrowers decide which PSLF form to submit; and
- use the information we have about borrowers' federal student loans to explain other actions borrowers should or must take if they want to receive PSLF.
The PSLF Help Tool won't allow borrowers and their employers to sign the forms electronically. In order to complete the PSLF Help Tool process, borrowers must print the tool-generated PDF form, sign it, have their employer sign it, and then submit it to FedLoan Servicing as instructed on the form.
Below are additional resources to assist borrowers who use the PSLF Help Tool:
- "What You Need"—StudentLoans.gov page that lists the information and documents borrowers need to complete the PSLF Help Tool process.
- "Frequently Asked Questions"—StudentLoans.gov page that answers common questions about the PSLF Help Tool.
- StudentAid.gov/publicservice—StudentAid.gov page that provides an overview of the PSLF Program.
If borrowers have additional questions about the PSLF Help Tool, borrowers should contact FedLoan Servicing at 1-855-265-4038.
January 17, 2019